Rural Broadband Consultation

Last week saw the government publish its proposals about how it will define the Universal Service Obligation for Broadband rollout.

They propose guaranteeing a service for 95% of the country so somewhat less than universal!   Inevitably I fear that a chunk of that remaining 5% will be in the isles.  It is an unacceptable position and I shall continue to pursue it with ministers.  The obligation will not be available for anyone until 2020 so there is still time for a change of heart.

Share this post on social media:

Sign in with Facebook, Twitter or Email.